HubSpot has shown us, on more than one occasion, that companies are three times more likely to see a higher return on their investment in Inbound marketing campaigns for SMEs than in traditional marketing campaigns.
Now, that in no way means that Inbound Marketing is easy to implement.
In fact, Inbound campaigns can be complex, including producing and promoting content across multiple channels. Something that is quite logical in theory can quickly turn into something tangled.
What we also know for sure is that every company today has the possibility of developing a basic set of elements that will be essential for its Inbound Marketing campaign to be successful.
Know 8 of these elements that you will need to implement if you want to start developing Inbound marketing:
1. Write a blog
Creating valuable content for your audience is a powerful element in a successful Inbound Marketing strategy. Without a doubt, the most effective way to share content is with a blog.
In fact, in the United States today, 80% of B2B advertisers use blogging as a central element of their inbound tactics, according to the Content Marketing Institute.
The blog presents a great opportunity to attract potential customers to your website. And it also serves as a gateway to brand awareness at an early stage, helping clients educate themselves on the challenges they face even before they know there is a solution or are looking for one.
One of the hardest parts of blogging is defining the topics you need to write about. Start by defining the behaviors, needs and keywords of your buyer personas, dividing them according to the stage of the purchase journey in which they are.
That is to say: a buyer person does not behave the same, does not have the same needs or uses the same keywords when he is researching as when he is about to buy. Understanding this difference is essential to make different types of content.
Your team should do relevant research on news sites, blogs from competitors or industry leaders, and even on the social media of key opinion leaders for your buyer persona.
We give you clues as to why having a blog will change your digital strategy.
2. A specific and attractive value offer
Blog posts are first and foremost, but not the only thing. Since the objective of your Inbound campaign is to increase the generation of prospects, you also need to develop an offer of quality content, that is, make an eBook or whitepaper, slideshares, videos, visual emails, webinars that people want to download.
3. An efficient and optimized landing page
Once your content offers are in place, you must develop a landing page so that you can start capturing leads.
These pages will give your prospects the opportunity to fill out a form, in exchange for relevant business information.
Before designing a page, keep these 4 tips in mind:
- Use a short, clear and concise headline.
- Use words that build trust.
- Make the CTA (Call To Action) clear.
- After they add their details, send them to a thank you page.
4. Promote your content efficiently
If content is king, as they say on HubSpot, content promotion is king. This can be done in many different ways, but it generally takes the form of these three basic tactics:
- Content development for social networks
- Disclosure through social media influencers
- Build an active and participatory community
Promotion on social media has been questioned, but in the last year or two we’ve seen the importance of building relationships and promoting content.
5. Invest in social media advertising and sponsored content
Advertising content on social networks is a very good way to boost content promotion and reach a specific audience.
It has also proven to be a more effective and much cheaper acquisition channel than traditional advertising for B2B companies.
6. Use your email
Email marketing is a great tool to generate demand and promote your site, as long as you understand that it is not about saturating prospects.
Email is actually the most widely used marketing channel for generating demand and is used by 90 percent of B2B advertisers.
I insist, there is an important consideration when using them in your inbound strategy: you need to segment your contact database.
This will help classify recipients by geographic area, industry and job position, allowing you to create a more personalized message and ensuring that they receive relevant content according to that classification.
This will help reduce the chance of your emails getting stuck in the spam folder.
7. Run campaigns to “nurture” your leads
Now that you have the leads, what will you do with them? This is where your plan to nurture those leads should come into play. According to HubSpot, 50% of leads are qualified but not ready to buy.
That means that if you are not permanently “feeding” them valuable content (not purchase offers), you are missing a valuable opportunity for them to become buyers.
8. Measure everything … all the time
Above all, in Inbound Marketing it is important to measure every effort. Start by defining the model that you will use to measure the ROI of your efforts.
Then you check the data that is tied to marketing like views, presentations, conversion rates, new leads, marketing qualified leads, and new customers.
If your performance is not up to your original expectations, it means that you will have to look for improvements in your next campaign
Change your strategy, the types of offers you are producing, your messages and the appearance of your CTAs.
In short: test, test, test … and test until you find the ideal formula, always supported by the results
When to use an inbound marketing agency
If you need to increase the sales of your company, the conversion rates, demonstrate results in your work and, at the moment of truth, your hands fall short in your sales area, definitely what you need is an Inbound marketing agency.
Yes! An inbound marketing agency is not just a digital or advertising agency and why? Here are some clues to help you determine when is the right time to turn to an Inbound agency:
Learn all about Inbound Marketing at the Inbound Marketing Summit Medellín 20181. You need them to commit to you. It is not for you an agency that only limits itself to administering or designing (it is not a matter of doing tasks).
1. You need one who cares and hurts like you do the results of the company month by month and, most importantly, is willing to work with you in generating sales opportunities.
2. You are stuck. Your traditional marketing actions and even digital ones are not working as you expect and, worst of all, you feel that marketing and sales are “pedaling” in different ways (for example, there is no synchrony in what for each area is a qualified lead for sale, or don’t even know what that is).
You want to know more? Read our dictionary of digital terms now.
3. They help you separate the casual visitors to your website from the really interested ones. This way you will not waste time managing contacts who are not sufficiently attracted to your product or service.
4. They help you plan your efforts in creating content , words plus words less, they help you to be relevant to your client at each stage of the buyer’s cycle (and by the way your SEO positioning improves significantly).
You must know! A blog is the first step to having a content platform. We tell you why you should open it today.
5. They show you the ROI (return on investment) of the efforts you make for your clients by monitoring the opportunities from the first approach to the closing of the sale. This way you will have full control over your investment.
With #InboundEnUnMinuto, you can see how content generates profitability.
Do you feel that any of these situations touch you? If so, it is time for you to start considering an Inbound agency as the ideal solution for you.
5 reasons to attend the Inbound Marketing Summit
On August 10 and 11, 2017 we will carry out the third version of the inbound marketing summit in Medellín. I give you 5 reasons why this digital marketing course will change your perspective on digital strategy.
I said just over a year ago on this blog that Inbound Marketing would be the standard in the digital marketing industry, and that time has come.
The reason is simple, and it is that when we talk about business, everything must point to its value, profitability, the largest number of customers and the highest sales , and that is exactly what this methodology offers.
Don’t miss the Tajarat properties Inbound Marketing strategy..
We created the Inbound Marketing Summit in order to guide the market and the industry a bit about its implementation, the technology to do it, the best practices and how to carry it out in each of their businesses. Here are my reasons why I think this event will change your perspective on digital marketing.
1. If you do not know or do not think it is possible to show an ROI on digital investment.
You will see how, it is not only possible, but also fundamental, to have a model for measuring the impact on investment in digital media, which is given on ROI.
2. If you think that the only conversions happen in online stores, you will discover how we sell online, which we do not sell online.
The currency of the digital world is information, you will see how the data of your users when interacting in your digital ecosystem allows you to improve your conversion, at the close of sales, even if you do not sell online. That is not true and we show you why.
3. If you think that content marketing is done only to improve SEO.
Content is a sales engine, it is a magnet for attracting commercial prospects that, through the information you provide, the problems you help solve, lead you to closure.
4. If you are in a B2B business and you think that the internet does not provide real support to your sales process.
You will discover how modern selling, even in consultative selling, begins or ends on the internet and how the content helps us to obtain a better potential customer profile.
5. If you think you are doing Inbound because someone fills out an online form for you and you have no idea what lead nurturing is
Sometimes we think that getting someone to fill out an online form is prospecting. You will discover what Lead Nurturing is and marketing automation flows.
Do you want to know something about Lead Nurturing now? Learn it in a minute.
And the last one!
If you work in sales and you think the problem is marketing, or if you work marketing and you think the problem is sales.
You will see how the digital world increasingly leads us to make a model of blue world city Islamabad, where marketing and sales are unite in a common process and with a single objective: to grow.
About it in the latest world report on the State of Inbound in 2017, illuminate the problems of this situation: “Beware! This is a dangerous trend.
The sales area must be fully connected with the marketing area to close the sale satisfactorily, in this regard the survey showed: Marketing professionals still consider that the sales opportunities generated by Inbound marketing are the best. ”